Wednesday, December 30, 2015
I ate my last Starbucks chocolate chip cookie today.
I may have said this before....
but today I mean it... (although I meant it when I said it before).
I am a huge sucker for New Year Resolutions and of course I've making a few resolutions regarding my health, weight, and fitness.
I want to dive head first into the deep in of healthy. I'm not entirely sure yet how to do that, but I better figure it out fast.
Some of my health goals/resolutions for this year are:
1. A1C 6
2. Weight lost of about 60 pounds.
3. Look very good in a swim suit
4. No getting winded while hiking with my husband.
5. Fit into my dress I wore to my husband's 10 year high school reunion. (This year is his 20 year reunion, so you can see why it would be important for me to fit back into that specific dress. I don't want to actually wear it anywhere, I'm not sure what I was thinking, its a plain brown Bebe dress, size medium).
6. Cook 200 dinners at home, or about 4 every week. (We have a serious eating out problem, so this may be challenging)
7. NO FAST FOOD (except for my cappuccinos from Starbucks and Iced Tea from wherever).
8. Be on time (I run late...all the time. This is a health issue because it causes undue stress. Stress is very bad for your health)
9. Yoga (do it, do more of it, become good at it)
10. Go to bed by 10pm 200 times, or about 4 days a week. (I have a serious, staying up till midnight watching TV problem. I know sleep is very important for health, so I need to work on that).
11. Drink green tea every day (I hear that's good for you...)
12. Get pregnant. (but AFTER I lose some weight and get healthy)
Some of my other random goals/resolutions
1. Pay off ALL my credit cards (I won't tell you how many I have, or how much I owe...)
2. Clean up my house (and maintain that clean)
3. Read at least 25 books
4. Watch at least 100 new movies (am I the only one who puts watch movies on their goal list? I have to explain, I LOVE movies, but I have a bad habit of watching the same ones over and over again. That's not bad of course, but the bad part is, then I miss out on other great movies, and thus, why I have to actively put it on my list to watch new movies.)
5. Learn to speak and write Welsh (long story short, I am working on my ancestry, and my family is from Wales, used to speak Welsh, so I want to learn it....I know a handful of words at this point).
6. Learn to play Ukulele
7. Learn to quilt, and finish the quilts I've started
8. Learn to crochet
9. Make/paint/complete 25 different art projects, or about 1 every two weeks (I really need to work on being more creative. Since going to school and having a professional job, I literally feel like the creative side of me has died. I must revive it, even if I have to schedule artistic time).
10. Scrapbook! (At least my wedding, but it would be nice to get some other stuff done too, like my vacation this past year...)
11. Write a book. (I have a bunch of book ideas in my head, some I've actually started. I want to actually complete a book this year.)
So there it is! My New Year Resolutions and Goals. I actually prefer the word goals, but whatever.
So how do I jump head first into the deep end of good health?
Still working on that, but I will for sure be going to the gym. I want to start out at least 3 days a week, then push that to 4, and then eventually push it to 5. I've also been looking into joining a Beach Body, 21 Day Fix fitness challenge group. I am hesitant though because of the price. Its a lot. But its also a money back guarantee...so as long as I actually stick with the program... I really have nothing to lose...right....and there is something seriously wrong with me if I can't stick with a program for 21 days.
I'll let you know what I decide.