Monday, April 16, 2012

Walk!

I am sure I said it before, if not here at least a million times in real life. Exercise is just as important as Insulin and proper food. Exercise is part of a diabetic's treatment. Now it seems like everyone is trying to do their part to make Americans more healthy, including corporations and companies. Walgreens recently launched, "Walk With Walgreens", a coupon incentive program to encourage walking. Although I'm not a fan of the website, I am a fan of the idea.


Its really easy, all you have to do is go to their website and create a user name and log in to start tracking your steps/miles. The more you walk the more coupons you'll earn. But that's not why you are doing it, although coupons can be awesome, you're doing it for your health. And it's fun to track your progress. They've also set it up so that you can create and join teams. I have been trying to create an Insulin Junkies team, but as I said, I'm not a fan of their website and have not been able to. As soon as I create a team, I'll let you know. I encourage you to join a team in your community, or a team that shares some personal interest or connection with you. Or if you have better luck with their website, start your own team!


Walking is one of the easiest and best exercises you can do. I found this picture on pinterest.com (my new FAVORITE website) and it does a great job of explaining why walking is so good for you, but it doesn't even explain ALL the benefits. Don't take my word for it, go a walk for yourself and see how positively it affects your blood sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment