Thursday, October 11, 2012

My poor toe...

I know I haven't blogged in FOREVER, but I am so impressed, surprised, and honored, that people have continued to read and follow this blog. I have had over 1,000 visits to this blog even though I haven't been blogging. That tells me there are people out there, diabetics and people who love and support diabetics, who have questions about this disease (yes I know its not technically a disease...) and people who want to connect with people who have the same concerns.  

I have a good reason for not blogging lately. I got a job! I am just starting to get used to waking up at 5am and getting home after 6pm. I used to blog to fill my time, I will now have to make an effort to find time. But I know this is important, so I'll try my best to keep up.

In my last post I talked about my toe being infected. I think its kind of funny that was my last post because that same toe is currently having serious issues. I stubbed my big toe so bad last weekend that I cut it very badly. Lucky me I had Monday off so I was able to make a doctor's appointment. My doctor put me on antibiotics to ward off any possible infection. My new job has been great too. I've been wearing only one shoe to the office and to court. I've been able to walk around with only a sock on my sore foot.

I post this picture for those who don't like blood and guts.
I can't handle real life blood and guts but I wanted to share photos of my foot/toe
so please be aware that these photos may not be appropriate for all. 

 
Gross toe pictures to follow...
 
 
 
 
 
I think I'll be able to wear a shoe again by Monday. I've been taking the medicine prescribed by my doctor, soaking my foot in soapy water as directed by my doctor, and wearing a band aid with Neosporin. Fingers crossed this heals quickly, doesn't get infected and my toe looks normal after this is all said and done.
 
Another sad part to this is that I have the worlds driest skin on my heels (I'll post pictures some time) and I get pedicures to maintain somewhat decent heels. However with this huge hole in my big toe, I won't be going to the nail salon any time soon. :( Sad to say, but I guess I'll have to think twice about wearing flip flops.
 
I have a blood draw scheduled on Sunday. Fun fun. Hopefully there is a little improvement in my A1C. We shall see... 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment