Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rise and Shine for a blood test

Just took my blood before going to bed. I figured it would be really high since we ate spagetti for dinner (carb over load), but it was 197.  Yes I know that is high, but for me, after eating spagetti that is a great blood sugar.

I am concerned about taking too much insulin to correct the high though because I need to get up tomorrow morning and get myself to the lab for a blood test. Since its a fasting blood test I can't eat until after the blood test. This means I have to make sure my blood is stable and not navigating towards a low. I hate getting my blood test done. Its true, I am a diabetic who is severely afraid of needles.
I am a 30 year old adult, but still take my mom with me to get my blood drawn.

Yeah, that's about right. 

On the plus side, we'll probably go out to breakfast afterwards. :)

Wish me luck though. I am hoping for a better A1C than last time I was tested. I know my A1C isn't going to be good, but hopefully its not worse. 2013 is the year to get my health on track so I guess its important to know where I am starting at.


No comments:

Post a Comment