Thursday, July 5, 2012

Check your feet

I have a doctor's appointment this morning to have my toe looked at. My big toe is infected. It already had puss come out of it last week and now it is still hurting. Having an infection can be serious business for a diabetic. We are often slower to heal, an infection can cause high bloods (which I've had lately), and in severe cases, you can lose the part of your body that is infected.

My sister also has diabetes and she is missing a few of her toes.

I think its infected because of an ingrown toe nail. I am hoping it is something easy to resolve and that the doctor can give me some medication and we'll be good to go. I am not a fan of going to the doctor.

In addition to my toe, I have another infection on my body (I sound like the plague has attacked me). I have what appears to be an infected skin tag. I think it might be from an ingrown hair or maybe it got nicked while shaving. Same thing though, I hope there is an easy solution.



Healthy toe, although my feet are very dry.
Please ignore the "hairy feet" my husband says I have Hobbit's feet.


Infected toe.
Ouch.



Here's wishing for a pain free easy doctor's visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment